When booking 'Over Complicated' you are confirming that you have read and understand these terms and conditions, and that you agree with them.
The following terms have the following meanings in this document:
- "The Band" is 'Over Complicated'
- "The Client" means the client or clients of The Band
- "The Event" means the event at a specified location for which The Band is booked by The Client
- "Guests" means any person or persons attending The Event
- "Fee" and "Fees" mean money paid to The Band by The Client
2. Service & Service Levels
- The Band is a group of multi-skilled musicians normally featuring guitar, bass, drums and keyboard, female and male vocals, and trumpet and saxophone.
- The Band normally plays 2 sets of 10 to 12 songs and an optional first dance at weddings, each set lasting approximately 45 to 60 minutes. A sample set list is available to download here.
- The Band may be able to customise songs or sets to the requirements of The Client, but please be sure to ask at least 2 months in advance of The Event to allow rehearsal time.
- The Band will provide all the equipment needed to perform, including lighting and PA system. The lighting adequately covers a dance floor, but is by no means a "lighting show". Please note that most venues do not allow dry ice or haze and they are not provided.
- The Band will arrive to set up (free of charge) up to 3 hours before the start of The Event. An earlier arrival can be arranged at additional cost. Every effort will be made to minimise noise and disruption during set up.
- The Band can provide background music for up to 60 minutes between live sets and after the final set. If you have compiled a set list on an online streaming service, we can play this using our device (use the share facility on Apple Music or Spotify before The Event from your account) or if it is compiled on your own device, this may be plugged into our PA system. (Please note that The Client or their Guests are NOT permitted to operate the PA system.)
- The Band is fully insured for public liability up to £10,000,000 and can provide insurance documentation on request.
- The Band can provide music for other elements of The Event; this will be discussed with The Client on an individual basis.
3. Obligations of The Client
For each 6 hour period during which The Band is required at The Event, The Client agrees to provide either:
i) a meal for each member of The Band,
ii) a budget of £50 in cash (paid directly to The Band on the day of the Event)
- The Client agrees to provide (at its own expense) accommodation options for The Band if (in the opinion of The Band using Google Maps) the road journey time from The Band's registered address in Hampshire to The Event is longer than 3 hours.
- For safety, The Client agrees to provide a flat surface for the band to play on. This is particularly important if The Event is outside or in a marquee.
- On receipt of the booking form from The Client, The Band will prepare an estimate of The Fee, which may change according to your requirements.
- The Client agrees to indemnify The Band against any losses (financial or otherwise) occurring as a result of the actions of The Client, or the actions of Guests at The Event.
4. Fees and Payments
The Band will take bookings without requiring a deposit subject to the following:
- 100% of The Fee shall be paid to The Band on the day of The Event either in cash or by Bank Transfer
- should The Band arrive at The Event and be prevented from playing for any reason 100% of The Fee shall be paid on the day
- should the booking be cancelled within 7 days of The Event 100% of The Fee shall be paid on cancellation
- should the booking be cancelled between 7 and 14 days of The Event 50% of The Fee shall be paid on cancellation
- payments to The Band are non-refundable